Updated September 2020
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this site or any products and services offered on it.
1) Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information: The type of information we collect, maintain, store and use about you as our customer, both online and at events, may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode and mailing address;
- preferences and opinions; and
- any other information requested on this site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your Use Of Our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our site, including through the use of internet cookies, your communication with our site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your internet service provider.
Your Opinion and Feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2) Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect and use the information for purposes as and only when necessary to fulfill your requests, including in the following ways:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development and gauging website traffic and trends;
- to deliver personalised site content to you;
- for membership site access, course content access, and access to workshop material
- for our marketing including direct marketing;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about our operations
We also collect information from you directly, at the time that you supply information to us via the Site. For instance, if you contact us to subscribe to our membership and other products or services, ask questions, or provide us feedback or comments (whether publicly available or not) about the Site or any of our products or services, we may store your communications, including any personal data you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you.
When you directly register to subscribe to our membership and promotional emails, we will collect your name and email details, as outlined above. If you do not want us to directly collect your personal data, please do not provide it to us. As a subscriber, you will subsequently receive email confirmation from us of your registration, welcoming you to our email database and allowing you to Update your Preferences and Unsubscribe from our list as outlined below.
3) Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to;
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement offices as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you (i.e. website hosting and plugins such as MailChimp). This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
4) Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Your Provision of Third Party Information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contact us at the email address listed on our Connect page
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or our of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email communications or contact us via email email@example.com
5) Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7) Links to Other Websites
If you have any questions, feedback or complaints please contact us at:
There’s lots of ways to connect here at Sustainability in Style. If you are seeking a group support please join in the Mindful Living HQ members site or communicate on socials. Looking to work together? Use the contact form. Just so you know, Sustainability in Style has always been an educational platform free from advertising. As much as we love sustainable products we won’t be able to help advertise your brand.