WHY WE STRETCH
Stretching can be uncomfortable.
It can move us out of the shapes, spaces, and the mental places we inhabit on the day-to-day. Forcing us to think, feel and be in different ways. Sure, sore muscles can be a common side effect of stretching (mental and emotional muscles included) but the increase in space, ease of movement, and flexibility that follows makes it worth the effort.
Here’s some ways you can stretch your #SustainableSelf:
- Head to IGTV and try a yoga video. We’ve upped our game lately taking you outside to some gorgeous locations on Gubbi Gubbi soil.
- Get outside in nature for a walk and take some time to appreciate the natural beauty.
- Do some gardening- dig some soil and plant yourself some editable plants/veggies/herbs. Watch them literally grow as a result of your stretching!
- Watch ‘The Social Dilemma’ on Netflix. This documentary sums up Katie’s @katie_s_roberts Masters research in one short (and exciting/disturbing/interesting) watch.
- Read a book that challenges the way you think. Our suggestion right now is: Me and White Supremacy by Layla Saad. Please share your suggestions below.
- Actively find groups/individuals/movements that share a different opinion to you. Watch/read/listen/explore this material with an empathetic mindset so you know both sides of the story.
- Stretch the bound of your spirit with meditation. Check out IGTV for some meditations for #SustainablyStylish changemakers (because let’s face it, fighting the good fight can be spirit crushing sometimes)
- Head to the link in the profile and download yourself a worksheet that helps identify stressors that might crush the pep that keeps your #sustainableself going!
- Recruit three Kindred Spirts to be your support system (be it friends, family, an online support network). Offer them three phrases they can say to help lift your spirits when times are tough. Use this resource often, well and reciprocally.
What would you add to this list?